changing rtp capabilities

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Feb 20 09:47:45 PST 2013

The generated capabilities aren't random, they are default, except for the
seqnum-base, which RTP says can (should?) be random. Different elements
require different capabilities, so these may not hold for your case.
However, you can always initialize the capabilities like this:

            GstCaps *pSinkCaps = gst_caps_new_simple("application/x-rtp",
"media", G_TYPE_STRING, "video",
                     "encoding-name", G_TYPE_STRING, "H264", "payload",
G_TYPE_INT, 96,
                     "clock-rate", G_TYPE_INT, 90000, NULL);

            // Link the pipeline together.
            if (gst_element_link_filtered(source_, queue_, pSinkCaps)) {
            }
            gst_caps_unref(pSinkCaps);