Installing GStreamer Packages for developement in non Standard path?

smartksr somanath.1990 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 03:24:37 PST 2013

Hi all,

Is it Possible to Install GStreamer Packages(gstreamer-0.10.31,
gst-plugins-base-0.10.31, gst-plugins-good-0.10.23) in non standard location
(Generally we will install in /usr/local) ?

Because we want to test in different versions of GStreamer. So is it
possible to install different versions in a single machine to non standard
paths as following *(as against to default /usr/local)*:

/home/gst-10.0
/home/gst-zx.x
/home/gst-xy.y

When I tried Installing in non standard locations, it was prompted with
dependent packages as they weren't exist in that location (By default they
exist in /usr/local)