Reset time after dynamically changing the filesink

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:15:18 PST 2013

I have many files that I've recorded by dynamically changing the filesink in
a pipeline. Unsurpisingly each files timestamps follows on from the previous
one - so that the 100th file plays back as if it were the last 10 minute
chunk of a 1000 minute long recording. This makes seeking difficult & the
progress bar in VLC misleading.

I'd like to reset the time on each file (so that VLC's progress bar is at 0%
at the start of the file).

There are many posts on here asking for & offering advice on how to do this
-  this one
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Resetting-base-time-in-part-of-running-pipeline-td970032.html#a970033>
offers up a solution but I'm somewhat confused by it, & 4+ years later it
doesn't appear to have made it into the bad plugins yet (or good or ugly).

So my question is: what's the accepted wisdom on resetting the time in files
generated in this was (using streamer 0.10) ??

Cheers

Paddy