One year since last update on 0.10

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:01:49 PST 2013

> no new releases for 0.10 are planned because of missing resources to do
> one and also everybody is focused on 1.x.

IMO, prolonged active support on 0.10 will only add confusion and
serve to poor overall quality of the code base: I've had a number of
meetings on people bent on using 0.10. As a result, this drains
resources on the 1.0 development because patches and work needs to be
backported, fixes need to be done on old code: an overall reinforcing
effect.

The cut should be clean: 0.10 is dead; long live 1.0

The more momentum in 1.0 there is, the better the quality is and
rendering the 0.10 release question void.

/my 2c