Beginner Using a2dpsink, avdtpsink, and rtpsbcpay

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:14:23 PST 2013

Hi John,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM, johnwesting
<john.blank.westing at gmail.com> wrote:
> I doubt this is a GStreamer problem. After looking at the BlueZ code very
> very briefly and thinking about it, I am guessing the problem is that the
> avdtpsink element cannot connect with a remote device  because it does not
> know the SBC (audio/x-sbc) capabilities of the rtpsbcpay element. It needs
> those capabilities to negotiate the capabilities with the remote device.
> When the a2dpsink element is used the avdtpsink element is aware of the SBC
> capabilities and uses them for capabilities negotiation. Don't quote me on
> this, taking a shot in the dark.

Depending on the version of BlueZ you actually need to have a
transport object, the device is considered deprecated, now this might
not be the problem because it actually works with a2dpsink but keep in
mind this might fail with new versions. Back to the problem, you might
have to force a configuration using audio/x-sbc, I don't remember how
exactly to do it but it should be possible to pass it in the command
line.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz