GStreamerSDK Building from source using Cerbero

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:40:16 PST 2013

2013/2/22 pfarmer <flacone at gmx.de>:
> Thanks for your efforts.
>
> Unfortunately i still could not managed to compile the gstreamer-sdk. To be
> honest I mixed up some things here with the Windows versions because i was
> using a Windows 7 32bit system and a Windows 7 64bit system. On both i
> wanted to compile to the same. I could not get it to work on either machine.
> I tried to to it from scratch on the 32bit machine with:
> $ cerbero wipe
> $ cerbero bootstrap (not sure if this is necessary though)
> $ cerbero package gstreamer-sdk
> Now with the config file "C:\MinGW\ ... \home\xxxxxxx\.cerbero\cerbero.cbc
>     from cerbero.config import Architecture
>
>     prefix='c:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86'
>     arch = Architecture.X86
>     target_arch = Architecture.X86
>
> on the 64bit machine:
> $ cerbero wipe
> $ cerbero bootstrap (not sure if this is necessary though)
> $ cerbero package gstreamer-sdk
> Now with the config file "C:\MinGW\ ... \home\xxxxxxx\.cerbero\cerbero.cbc
>     from cerbero.config import Architecture
>
>     prefix='c:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86_64'
>     arch = Architecture.X86_64
>     target_arch = Architecture.X86_64
>
> I tried to install the 64bit versions of the dependent programs (like
> python) on that machine.
>
> The compiling took again a lot of hours. Strangely the .../dist/ directory
> remained empty. I have difficulties to find which config's are used and what
> they mean. There are the config files:
>  $HOME/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc
>  some *.config's at $HOME/cerbero/config
>  some *cbc's at $HOME/cerbero/config
> Are the latter one used by default? Or are they there as examples?

Since you the prefix in the config is now canged to
/c/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/$ARCH, you will find everything on this path
now.

The default configuration file is ~/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc, but this
config can be extended with ./cerbero-uninstalled -c
some_config_file.cbc
The config files on the ./config folder are used as examples to
compile for different platforms and architectures.
For instance to cross-compile to android on a linux machine you will
typically use ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc.
In you case you could have created config files for w32 and w64
instead of adding it to ~/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc and use them with
./cerbero-uninstalled -c w32.cbc.

At which point are you? What's failing now after setting proprely the
host and target architectures?

Cheers,
Andoni

> The only documentation resources if have:
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Multiplatform+deployment+using+Cerbero
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero
> And the "detailed comments" of the example configuration file
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero.cbc.template
>

> --

Andoni Morales Alastruey

LongoMatch:The Digital Coach