vp8enc element missing from 1.0.5 version of gstreamer bad plugins

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 11:56:50 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 14:45 -0500, Saurabh Sabnis wrote:

> I took the good plugins source and compiled it myself. Can you please
> tell me what else I should have done and how to do it? I am using
> fedora 17.

This should work and show a version equal to or larger than 1.1.0:

 $ pkg-config --modversion vpx

You need to install libvpx-devel with a version >= 1.1.0 for that. I'm
not sure if F17 includes a recent-enough version. You might need to see
if you can find libvpx 1.1.0 packages for F17 elsewhere, or recompile
the package from F18.

Or perhaps you could just upgrade to F18, it comes with GStreamer 1.x
already included.

Cheers
 -Tim