Hi, some question about a video filter element

Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet scolinet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:57:26 PST 2013

Hello,
I writing a gstreamer plugin that render subtitles based on a karaoke
custom format
The format support full color subtitle with alpha and image rendering. I
have look at
gsttextoverlay plugin, but it's seems quite complicated to build pango
markup
to make it work. So I write a new plugin inspired by gsttextoverlay.

I didn't use the GstBaseTransform element but GstElement as base class
The source code can be found at :
http://stoyunda.shikami.org/browser/gstreamer-toyunda
you can download the file (gsttoyunda.c) with the download link at the
bottom of the page
if you want.

Gstreamer version : 0.10.36

I have two majors issues :

I didn't figure to understand how to make it work with a videoscale plugin
placed before
it in the pipeline. I need to rescale the font size and other stuff to have
a nice rendering, if the
windows size change or set to fullscreen.

eg : filesrc location="somefile.avi" ! decodebin2 ! videoscale ! toyunda
subfile="somesub.txt" ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

Actualy this doesn't work, the video isn't resized when I change the
windows size.

Another issue is with rendering of text itself.
White text look fine, but when the text is colored the text appear aliased,
it's really ugly.
I can't figure if it's a cairo/pango or gstComposition issue, but it's seem
gsttextoverlay
doesn't have this prob, and I don't see what I could be missing.

I have other question but it's not really a prob.
Is there a way to tell the sink to use the hardware to make the composition
? it's really slow
on hight res video to blend lot of text and image using the CPU when the
GPU can do
it really fast.

--
Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet

Victory was near but the power of the ring couldn't be undone