audio mp4 sampled rate twice as fast as aac??

romeo chahine romeoc99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:09:02 PST 2013

I have a live audio source (AAC files with adts headers, 2 channels, 44100,
main)that is feeding a pipeline :  "live source" ! faad ! faac ! aacparse !
mp4mux ! filesink.  When I listen to my mp4 file it is playing twice as
fast as the original source.  Any particular reason for that?  For example
if I generate 20 seconds worth of aac files it will play in 10 seconds with
the  mp4 file.

On a second note instead of feeding my pipeline with a live source I'm
feeding it with a prerecorded aac file it plays fine at the right rate in
mp4.  Any input on this would be of great help.

regards,