Buffering high quality video stream

m.dabrowski m.dabrowski at wb.com.pl
Thu Feb 28 05:01:02 PST 2013

Hello,
I am new in Gstreamer framework. I think that this tool help me with
describled below task, but I didn't find good solution yet. Maybe this forum
help me.

I want to capture video from camera and split stream for two identical
streams.
One of them must be encode by h264 codec and streem out by etheret <- here I
haven’t any problems.
Second of them I wont to store on hdd in playable parts without any quality
loss. I wont to store only newest parts of stream. <- here I have problems.

I try to put raw wideo to avimux and split to parts by multifilesink. It
works fine but only first part is playable. Rest of them havn't avi headder
an tey aren't playable.

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! tee name=buffer !
queue ! xvimagesink buffer. ! queue ! videorate !
'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1' ! queue ! mux. avimux name=mux !
multifilesink location=testvideo-%05d.avi max-files=10 max-file-size=100000
next-file=4

All of this process will be use for alternative real time low quality video
streaming  in 512 kb/s band and no real time on demand sending high quality
video buffered by 1 minute.

Do you have any sugestion ?