How to play multiple gstreamer udpsink streams in a Qt app?

hobbesc7 hobbesc7 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:37:44 PST 2013

I have succesfully connected Gstreamer with my QWidgets, by getting the
window handle using QWidget::winId(), and passing it to
gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id().  I'm streaming video over the local network
via udp.

But now I want to display three separate streams, streamed to my Qt app on
three different udp ports.

The problem is the second (and third) stream won't start until I right click
in the second widget (I have a QMenu context menu.) Then, both videos stream
live.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to have to click inside the second
widget to get the stream going.

Do I need separate threads in which to run the g main loops?