How to play multiple gstreamer udpsink streams in a Qt app?

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:39:12 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM, hobbesc7 <hobbesc7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mandeep Sandhu wrote
>> Have you looked at using QtGstreamer which integrates Qt  and GStreamer.
>>
>> It's like a low-level Qt binding for GStreamer.
>
> Thanks, this looks very useful.  I have my client streaming successfully
> from the command line, with my udpsink running elsewhere on the network,
> streaming live video:
>
> gst-launch -v udpsrc port=5011 ! decodebin2 ! xvimagesink sync=false
>
> But now I'm going to try and create a QGst::Ui::VideoWidget that plays the
> streaming video in my Qt App.  What's the cleanest way to do this?

Take a look at this example. It shows how to embed the video o/p in a
QWidget based player:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/qt-gstreamer/html/examples_2player_2main_8cpp-example.html

Basically you pass your parent QWidget to QGst::Ui::VideoWidget and it
should start rendering video frames to that widget.

HTH,
-mandeep