how to overlay logo on video?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 06:05:38 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 05:32 -0800, iesx wrote:

Hi,

> Is there any method to overlay logo on video?
> I found emboverlay i dont know how to install it and used it?
> can somebody help me?

The easiest way is probably using the gdkpixbufoverlay element:

wget
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/images/artwork/gstreamer-logo.svg

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! gdkpixbufoverlay
location=gstreamer-logo.svg offset-x=20 offset-y=20 !
video/x-raw,width=640,height=480  ! autovideosink

Other options are the cairooverlay and rsvgoverlay elements.

gdkpixbufoverlay has the advantage that it supports a large number of
formats so might avoid unnecessary colorspace/pixel-layout conversions.

  Cheers
   -Tim