SRC element with multiple src pads: how to?

Jacques Bride jacques.bride at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 07:33:28 PST 2013

Hello

I am trying to create a source element with two source pads, i.e. one video
and one audio, without creating a bin with a reader and a demuxer, all in
one element taking a simple uri string as input. My element is inheriting
from BaseSRC but this base source is only offering one source pad (unless I
misunderstood but also written in the pwg). I have seen a former thread in
the gstreamer list referring to the "jack" element as an exemple of a
source element with multiple pads, but I did not really catch what is done
there.

I would be grateful if one of you could summarize what is the best strategy
to write a src element with severall pads without creating a demuxer,
please.... unless it does not make sense in the spirit of gstreamer.

Thanks
Jacques