jackaudiosink and mixers

Larry Backman zavarian at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:53:15 PST 2013

Hello,

New guy here.  I am using jack_mixer to set volumes etc.  I would like to
tell gst-launch to connect to mixer:gst* or something to that effect.

 I have checked out gst-inspect and done a bunch of google searches, but
can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I noticed in "gst-inspect jackaudiosink" that there is client and
client-name.  I know what client-name does, but what is "client"? Is this
what I need to use to tell gstreamer to connect to another jack client?
 And what is a "Boxed pointer of type JackClient"?  I'm assuming that the
handle would be easier gotten if I was using a programming language instead
of command line.

Thanks in advance.

--Larry

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead to where there is no path and
leave a trail.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson