gstreamer Python and cairooverlay

Roy Wiggins roywig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:26:27 PST 2013

I can't get a single svg element to show up using the python bindings :(

The command line

gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! rsvgoverlay data =
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

works as expected. I tried doing the same thing in Python, and while it
doesn't error, it also doesn't display the overlay (though the videotestsrc
does show up):

pipeline = gst.parse_launch('videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! rsvgoverlay
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink')

I also tried building the pipeline by creating each pad in turn and linking
them, but that didn't work either; neither does using an svg file which
works just find at the command line.

Olivier Aubert-2 wrote