No Video

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 02:06:25 PST 2013

Thanks David,

The program ran after removing the single quotes - but just like my
other program, the video does not show.
I don't know whether this is significant - I run the program and it is
supposed to start recording, then I press Ctrl-C to stop the recording.
Have I got a problem where the file has not been 'finalised'?  If so, it
would be because I do not know how to capture the Ctrl-C and tell the
pipeline to stop.

Ian

On 07/01/2013 09:51, David Röthlisberger wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2013, at 09:17, Ian Davidson wrote:
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> You are correct when you say that you did not explain why my program didn't work - but I tried your advice and now have 2 programs which don't work.
>>
>> I use a gst_parse_launch, passing it a string such as
>> "v4l2src norm=PAL ! videorate ! 'video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=320,height=240,framerate=(fraction)25/1' ! queue ! mux. alsasrc ! audioconvert ! 'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2' ! queue ! mux. avimux name=mux ! filesink location=file.avi"
>> but when I run the program I get a message
>> GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_make_from_uri: assertion `gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed
> Have you tried removing the single-quotes? When you pass that to gst-launch on the command line, the shell will have stripped the quotes off, so what gst-launch saw isn't the same as what you are passing to gst_parse_launch.

Ian Davidson
--
Facts used in this message may or may not reflect an underlying
objective reality. Facts are supplied for personal use only.