Stream from V4L2 source (YUY2)

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Mon Jan 7 03:26:40 PST 2013

On 7 Jan 2013, at 11:05, João Ramos wrote:
> I've tried the following pipeline (sent to test-launch application from the gst-rtsp sources):
> ( v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)YUY2,width=720,height=576,framerate=25/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=720,height=576,framerate=25/1 ! rtpvrawpay name=pay0 pt=96 )
> but this is not working.

What does "not working" mean? What are the symptoms? Are there any error
messages being printed? Try enabling debug ("export GST_DEBUG=2" or 3
or 4) and analysing the output for likely culprits.

> However, if I use the same pipeline, but replacing the source from "v4l2src" to "videotestsrc" [...]
> everything works fine!

This is probably because videotestsrc is able to produce the format you
are asking for with the first "video/x-ray-yuv" format specification,
but your V4L source is not.

What happens if you omit the entire first format specification:
    v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! etc
That should allow ffmpegcolorspace to negotiate with v4l2src and choose
a format that they both support.

Cheers,
Dave.