rtpvrawdepay: "no width specified"

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 15:04:15 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 17:35 +0100, Paul d'AUBIGNY wrote:

Hi,

> In rtpvrawdepay element (i.e. in the file gstrtpvrawdepay.c) in
> setcaps function when getting back structure parameters from the caps
> it retrieves width and some other parameters as a string whereas they
> are integer. It seems it leads to failure in my case, using such
> pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=2222 ! application/x-rtp, media=video,
> clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=RAW, sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0, depth=8,
> width=448, height=336, colorimetry=BT601-5, payload=96 !
> rtpvrawdepay ! fakesink
>

> and the failure message is "no width specified" whereas when modifying
> the code of rtpvrawdepay and retrieving the width field as an integer
> it works.
> Am I doing something wrong or there is an issue with rtpvrawdepay?

Your RTP caps aren't quite right. Usually width/height are integers.
However, in RTP caps these are strings, and you need to explicitly
signal that they're strings, otherwise they'll automagically be turned
into ints when the caps string is deserialized.

Try:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=2222 ! application/x-rtp, media=video,
clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=RAW, sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0,
depth=(string)8, width=(string)448, height=(string)336,
colorimetry=BT601-5, payload=96 ! rtpvrawdepay ! fakesink

Cheers
 -Tim