MediaPlayer Application failed - g_value_set_object failed.

Harikumar nharikumar at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Jan 9 05:10:15 PST 2013

I am using properties to obtain each fields. I have obtained a GValueArray in
my mediaplayer application and I could obtain the values.

But there is one issue. The code is working fine with my mediaplayer test
application. But while I run gst-inspect <my-element> it is giving
segmentation fault. I have debugged the issue. What I found was in
gst-inspect, it is calling the get_property method of my demux element.
There on one case I am using g_value_set_boxed method. This method is
crashing.

get_property(GObject *obj , ... )
{
case MY_PROP:
       g_value_set_boxed(value, info->myInfo); // ?? This is failing in the
case of gst-inspect
       break;
}

I am getting a valid address for info->myInfo when using mediaplayer
application ( because i am allocating memory in one method ). This
particular method is not called in gst-inspect sequence and hence it is not
getting a valid address. So it crashes. Any idea what to do to avoid this ?
( I guess it will be difficult to allocate memory at init since heavy
architecture modifications need to be done)

Thanks
Hari