Help forcing decodebin to output certain caps

gimmeamilk gimmeamilkbttf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:59:53 PST 2013

I'm trying to use uridecodebin to extract h264 video in byte-stream format
from a mp4 file, using something roughly like this:

gst-launch uridecodebin uri=file://myvid.mp4
caps="video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream" ! fakesink

The fakesink is receiving the h264 ok, but the stream format is not
byte-stream; it's still avc, as it was in the mp4. The pipeline produced is:

filesrc ! typefind ! qtdemux ! multiqueue ! h264parse ! fakesink

What should I be doing to make the decode bin finish on the caps I specify?

Thanks.