gstreamer with cairo plugin

Henry (Yu) Song - SISA hsong at sisa.samsung.com
Thu Jan 10 10:05:09 PST 2013

Hi, Tim and Wim:

My name is Henry Song.  I am working with Samsung.  I've created/optimized a new cairo gl compositor that takes advantages of driver MSAA capability.  It is much faster than existing cairo gl compositor and is production ready.  Currently it is being upstreamed to cairo main stream.  I will be the maintainer for this backend.

I am working with Guillaum Emont and we would like to ask about updating the gstreamer cairo backend to take advantage of the new cairo GL.  In the process, we would also like to optimize both gstreamer and the cairo plugin.  In addition, we are looking into GL/GLES extensions that allow easier/faster interaction between gstreamer and other cairo applications.

Finally, we would like to make our contribution as open source and as part of gstreamer.

Please advise how best we can proceed.

Thank you

Henry