gstreamer H264 decoding via shared memory.

yahia yahia.benmoussa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 03:57:14 PST 2013

Hi all,

I want to decode h264 video in tow steps. Transferring the video to shared
memory then playing it from shared memory.
I have used shmsink and shmsrc pad. Here is my pipes :

server side :
gst-launch-0.10  filesrc location=video.h264   ! typefind ! shmsink
socket-path=/tmp/shmsink shm-size=10000000

client side :
gst-launch-0.10  shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/shmsink !  ffdec_h264 !
xvimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

I'm getting client side blocked without playing the video.
Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks.
Yahia