build from source

Angelica Perduta rsperduta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:14:22 PST 2013

I've had another go at getting a working gstreamer 1.0.5 on Windows as
I would like to move on from 0.10

I failed to build glib from source but luckily Niklas Gürtler made a
special developers distribution http://games.2g2s.de/?page_id=223 of
gtk+ version 3.6.2 This includes all the header files, pkg-config
files, library files, and documentation as well as glib 2.34.3 :)

Thus now some of gstreamer is building under minGW

Alas when I get to building the plugins base I get a strange problem :(

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/Perduta/buildGST/gst-plugins-base-1.0.5/gst-libs/gst/tag'
  CCLD   libgsttag-1.0.la
/bin/grep: C:/dev/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/erlkoenig/libffi_install/lib/libffi.la:
No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read
C:/dev/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/erlkoenig/libffi_install/lib/libffi.la: No
such file or directory
libtool: link: `C:/dev/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/erlkoenig/libffi_install/lib/libffi.la'
is not a valid libtool archive
make[4]: *** [libgsttag-1.0.la] Error 1

I just can't work out why it is looking for this library in a user
directory of  'erlkoenig'. It is in /opt/lib where all the others are
and I can't workout why it is looking there. ANy suggestions as what
do I have to change to make it look in the right place will be much
appreciated :)