shm interface problems

Remco Treffkorn remcot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:34:08 PST 2013

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:16:43 Olivier Crête wrote:
> Hi,
> I suggest allocating a
> new buffer every time you want to send.. and discard it after having
> called sp_writer_send_buf().

Hi,

I was wondering about that. Do you mean allocating a new buffer call sp_writer_send_buf()
and then free the buffer. Call alloc and do it again?

Freeing the buffer makes it available for reallocation. I might just get the same physical
memory on my next alloc call. Why not just re-use and save the overhead of free/alloc?

Sorry if I am dense, but it is still very cold...

Cheers,
Remco

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)