Lost video

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 13:56:58 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm still getting problems - sometimes when I use gst-launch, I also
only get 1 second plus 2 frames of video.  I am not aware of any
particular actions which cause it to work correctly or fail.  I modified
my gst-launch to tee off the audio so that I could write 2 files - 1 AVI
with both audio and video and 1 WAV file.  I recorded for about 17
seconds and the WAV file came out as 3.1 MB while the AVI was 6.2 MB.  I
was wondering whether the video content was actually getting written
(but not properly linked) - but with those file sizes, I am prepared to
believe that only 27 video frames were written to the file.

I would appreciate any help to track down what is going wrong.

Ian

Ian Davidson