Missing Elements

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 01:25:00 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 09:44 +0100, Bernhard Graaf wrote:

Hi,

> I’m using GStreamer 1.0 and Ubuntu 12.04 (64Bit). I receive the
> GStreamer Packets from the ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa.
>
> Now I try to use the elements ‘mplex’ and ‘mpg123audiodec’ descript at
>http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html’, but the
> gst-inspect-1.0 says that this elements are not available.
>
> Is there something wrong in the description, Version of Ubuntu
> (because of 64Bit) or in the PPA?

You'll have to ask whoever makes those packages, both elements are
ported and included in the latest 1.0.x releases. Shouldn't have
anything to do with 32-bit/64-bit, probably just a packaging oversight,
or a dependency not being available. The mpg123audiodec element can be
replaced with 'mad' in most use cases.

Cheers
 -Tim