(Re)starting rtspsrc when the source is offline

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:22:14 PST 2013

Cheers David,

I'm liking the elegant solution of queue buffer monitoring - has it
introduced any AV sync issues ?

My first guess at a solution for this is to attach a buffer probe on the
srcpad & timeout when the probe handler hasn't been called for a short while
- where I unlink & remove the rtspsrc. I'm scratching my head as to how best
determine that the camera has come on-line.

The queue buffer monitoring solution sounds like it will be far less
resource hungry than mine - but I have concerns about AV sync as I've got 2
seperate audio & video rtspsrc's.

Thanks again.

Paddy