h264parse

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Jan 18 12:04:39 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 12:24 -0500, Chuck Crisler wrote:
> What does h264parse do? There really isn't any documentation. I have
> been fighting trying to convert from MP2T to RTP without transcoding.
> When I inserted h264parse between the MP2T demux and the RTH264Pay it
> works. Why?

h264parse (and other parsers) read the bitstream, split it into logical
units (NAL units or AU for H.264) and can convert between different
bitstream formats (AVC or byte-stream for H.264)... rtph264pay includes
a parser internally, so it shouldn't require h264parse before it, you
can try setting the "scan-mode" property to 0 (bytestream).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com