Buffer usage query

Sudhirkumar sudhirr at vrindatech.com
Sat Jan 19 02:38:47 PST 2013

Hi,

We are developing an application which requires the following:

1) Data is already present in an memory buffer. This data has to be given as
input to "Element" in an pipeline.

*Is there any procedure for constructing the pipeline to solve our problem.*

2) We receive an TS stream with Audio, Video, proprietary speech codec and
data carousel.

    a) We have a decode function written in 'C', which takes a buffer and
outputs a buffer. Can we take data from gstreamer pipeline? Our Idea is to
use pipeline until demux for proprietary speech codec and use our C function
to decode. The decoded buffer will be used with audio sink (as queried in
#1)
    b) "mpegtsdemux" element is expecting audio / video data only. How do we
demux to data carousel from TS stream?

Regards
SudhirKumar