How do I migrate to GStreamer 1.0.5?

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 09:15:44 PST 2013

I am using Fedora 18.  Fedora 18 currently has GStreaqmer 1.0.4 in the
repository.  I have 1.0.4 installed using YUM.

I have downloaded and extracted the tarballs for Gstreamer-core and
gst-plugins-base.

I have run

    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

on the gstreamer-core and it seemed to work OK.  If I run

    gst-launch-1.0 --version

it reports 1.0.5.  I can run a gst-inspect-1.0 on fakesrc, and that also
shows 1.0.5.

When I try to run ./configure on the gst-plugins-base, it fails because
the latest version of gstreamer I have installed is 1.0.4.

What step(s) am I missing?

Ian
Ian Davidson