How do I migrate to GStreamer 1.0.5?

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 03:06:21 PST 2013

OK, I think I'll just have to put everything on hold until 1.0.5 appears
in the Fedora repo.

I did try as Kris had suggested.

./configure --prefix=$HOME/opt/gstreamer-1.0

make -j3 install

The gstreamer-core all worked fine but when I tried the same configure
command for the plugin-base it ended up as
checking for GIO... yes
checking for ORC... no
checking for GST... no
configure: Requested 'gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.0.5' but version of GStreamer
is 1.0.4
configure: error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.0.5 (GStreamer) found
[ian at localhost gst-plugins-base-1.0.5]$

As I said, I'll just have to wait.

Ian