audio AAC to MP4 conversion fails

Romeo Chahine Romeo.Chahine at Arthrex.com
Wed Jan 23 11:07:08 PST 2013

Update:

if I take my initial pipeline where I'm having trouble to convert an aac file to mp4:

gst-launch-0.10 -v -e filesrc location=test.aac ! aacparse mux.audio_00 mp4mux name=mux ! filesink location=test.mp4

And add the "faad" and "faac" elements to it it works:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=test.aac ! faad ! faac ! aacparse ! mp4mux ! filesink location=test.mp4

But I do not want to constantly decode and reencode  my aac file before parsing it! Is there something non conformant with my initial aac file?

rc
From: gstreamer-devel-bounces+romeo.chahine=arthrex.com at lists.freedesktop.org [gstreamer-devel-bounces+romeo.chahine=arthrex.com at lists.freedesktop.org] on behalf of Romeo Chahine [Romeo.Chahine at Arthrex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:42 PM
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: audio AAC to MP4 conversion fails

Hi,

As a first step I'm trying to get an aac audio file source to get muxed in to an mp4 container file (mp4mux).  At a later stage I will add video (h264) to it as well.  Here is the command line that I am using wiht gst-launch:

gst-launch-0.10 -v -e filesrc location=test.aac ! aacparse mux.audio_00 mp4mux name=mux ! filesink location=test.mp4

and here is the error response that I get:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAacParse:aacparse0.GstPad:src: caps = audio/mpeg, framed=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)4, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, stream-format=(string)adts
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAacParse:aacparse0: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbaseparse.c(2890): gst_base_parse_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAacParse:aacparse0:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAacParse:aacparse0.GstPad:src: caps = NULL
Freeing pipeline ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  (I have attached the aac file that I'm testing with.
--
RC
Thank you.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Arthrex, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 239-643-5553 and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, while Arthrex uses virus protection, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.