Several problems in Gstreamer Android

FoxKisaraki sakurazuka2001 at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Jan 24 01:06:30 PST 2013

Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum

I've been developing gstreamer application for a while on MS Windows

Now I'm trying to develop some gstreamer applicatoin on Android.

I had downloaded SDK & Tutorials from
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development

and try to run Toturial 1~3, so far everything seems fine.

Now I want to modify code in Toturial3, which made it play .ts ( H.264 + MP3
), but met problems below:

1. in plugin.mk, I have to remove ffmpeg from
GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS_RESTRICTED otherwise I will fail to build project,
and due to lack of ffmpeg, I can't use ffdec_h264 & ffdec_mp3.

2. some elements seems had different name from plugin.mk, for example, if I
try to use mpegtsdemux in my pipeline, I will get error "no element
mpegtsdemux", however I can use tsdemux instead of it.

3. The tutorials built gstreamer cores and elements need in a single file
gstreamer-android.so, deu to reason 2, I want to use gst-inspect to figure
out what elements actually named in adb shell, but I can't find gst-inspect
in anywhere ( seems not provided by Gstreamer Android SDK ), also, I can't
try gst-launch for test pipeline either.

4. I tried a pipeline : filesrc location=/data/app/test.ts ! typefind !
tsdemux name=demux ! queue ! amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder !
ffmpegcolorspace !autovideosink demux. ! queue ! mad ! autoaudiosink
, but I get errors:"error received from element demux : could not
demultiplex stream" and "Internal data stream error". I guess either I use
wrong demuxer or wrong decoder, but since I had no gst-launch, it's quite
difficult to debug.

Anyone meets the same question?
Thanks for reading this.