Rewind in filesrc

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 02:11:02 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 01:55 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:

> I want to test my video encoder which takes in raw YUV from the file, for a
> long duration. My YUV file has only 600 frames, but I want to test it for
> say 100,000 frames. Resetting the pipeline will reset all the elements which
> I dont want. I want only the filesrc to get reset
>
> My pipeline is as follows
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=/mnt/test/yuv/foreman.yuv ! videoparse width=720
> height=480 ! mp2_encoder bitrate=1024000 ! filesink
> location=/mnt/test/stream/foreman_ntsc.mpeg2

Depending on how large the file is and how much RAM you have, you could
just use multifilesrc (it will allocate one buffer for the whole file
then each time it pushes it). Alternatively, you could do something with
hardlinks and use splitfilesrc. Or just try

cat file file file file file | gst-launch fdsrc ! ...

 Cheers
  -Tim