Playing from gst-launch over to a dlna renderer

Federico Pelloni federico.pelloni at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:18:32 PST 2013

Hi everybody,
I'm facing this topic right now. I was wondering if it is possible to
build a pipeline that plays a music/video file over dlna to a dlna
renderer.

Maybe it involves in some ways rygel? I've been reading about this but
I'm pretty new to all this stuff and I've probably got something
wrong.
I did quite some research but I only came up with solutions that would
redirect all the pc audio over dlna.
my intention is to build a pipeline that can stream audio from youtube
to a renderer (audio only) attached to my hi-fi system, but as a first
step I'm trying to just handle plain music files

I know it might not be so simple because it would involve gst/rygel
behaving as a upnp/dlna controller that should push a file over to the
renderer and then control it's playback.

Thanks for any hint,
Federico