rtsp h264 problem

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:43:45 PST 2013

Bosch has the nasty habit of sending out their data on pt value 35
instead of the normal dynamic range. The GStreamer depayloader for
H264 only accepts data in the dynamic range.

I've submitted a patch over a year ago to remove the pt checks in the
caps for h264, mpeg4 and h263 (it was even agreed that it serves no
real purpose); but it never got in mainstream (we are still patching
our tree for supporting !#$!@#$ Bosch).

Just remove the pt in the h264/mpeg4 and h263 (de)payloaders and you
will have support for Bosch.