How to append EOS in existing files

rahul.singh.parihar sandwitchsquare at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:45:43 PST 2013

Hi,

I have created an application that uses appsrc to record mp4 files. EOS
event is sent whenever I have to stop recording and the file is created
successfully. Everything goes well, my pipeline is

appsrc ! queue ! videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc ! mp4mux ! filesink
location=video.mp4

By chance, if my application crashes (is unable to generate successful EOS
), the amount of recorded data is completely lost.

Is there a way to recover such files in gstreamer. I was thinking if I could
append EOS by reading such files in gstreamer. Is there a provision to do
that or something similar.

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul