G.726 streaming using MPEG-TS Muxer

Ramgopal Kota ramgopalkota at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 05:54:11 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a requirement to stream audio,video,voice data on an MPEG-TS stream.
Currently I could successfully do the audio,video part.
For voice part I am using G.726 codec. With ffenc_g726 + rtpg726pay &
rtpg726depay + ffdec_g726, I could stream from once board to another and
encode/decode voice.
The problem is I am not able to link ffenc_g726 with mpegtsmux ..
I looked into the SINK & SRC Caps for g726 encoder and mpegtsmux, I did not
find audio/x-adpcm caps in the mpegtsmuxer but there is audio/x-lpcm. So I
changed audio/x-lpcm to audio/x-adpcm and added required rate/bitrate
parameters to mpegtsmux. Still I am getting pipeline linking errors.

Can anyone suggest how to stream G.726 Voice data using MPEG-TS muxer ?
Its Ok, if I need to convert to another format like ASF (while googling I
found that ASF supports G.726) ..

Please suggest some pointers how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance,
Ramgopal Kota