How does decodebin work?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 02:41:07 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-30 at 15:26 +0530, rajnikant jachak wrote:

Hi,

> You can follow the link
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/0.10.30/pwg/html/section-types-typefind.html
> one can specify the rank in 'gst_type_find_register' api.

That's the rank for typefinders, not for decoders.

Decoder/demuxer ranks are passed in your plugin_init function where you
do gst_element_register(). Check list:

 - register with a rank higher than avdec_h264 (PRIMARY + 100 should do)
 - make sure your sink pad template caps are right
 - check your element class details to make sure it contains "Decoder"

Cheers
-Tim