OPUS timestamp

zragge zragge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:12:44 PST 2013

Hi

Can someone please show me a simple pipeline that takes audio data either
from micrphone or file, encode it with OPUS and send it with RTP with
correct timestamps (I get the same timestamps on all packets)? I'm using the
latest gstreamer 1.0 provided by mint (linux) repositories.

Here is an example of a pipeline I have tried:
gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! opusenc ! rtpopuspay pt=97 ! udpsink
port=45001

I have tried adding a lof caps and properties as well, but none seem to help
me to get timestamps. I have also added rtpbin hoping that would help, but
it did not.

If I use exactly the same pipeline but with ulaw/pcmu it works fine:
gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! mulawenc ! rtppcmupay pt=97 ! udpsink
port=45001

Are the opus elements broken? :-/

Thanks for any support.

BR,