Having issues using GstMeta in GStreamer 1.0.5

Cruzer raja_bose2004 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 31 06:53:25 PST 2013

I have written my own source and sink element, my pipeline us source->sink, I
add my custom GstMeta in source and try to receive it in sink, I was not
able to get the Meta object in sink, because I have linked the GstMeta
definition on both elements which are separate dlls say source.dll and
sink.dll. Seems like when source element registers, it also registers the
Meta which is defined in source.dll, while the sink element tries to
register the Meta with the same name this method gst_meta_api_type_register
returns 0, so I am not able to get the meta in sink. Is there a proper way
to handle this issue ?