appsink example

jyoti kulkarni jyotimk029 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:29:36 PDT 2013

hello Tim,

In the example of grabing data with appsink, they have captured a snapshot
of a video stream, and they have used uridecodebin to take the file input.

But in my case iam reading a file, generating rtp packets and sending these
packets to client, and my client should depacketize the incoming packets
and store in appsink.
As iam using a live source i want to store all the rtp packets in appsink
and my pipeline will be always in playing state, so is it possible to store
real time video packets in appsink? and give it to a decoder and display
it..

the following pipeline works fine for me:
at client side:
gst-launch udpsrc uri=udp://10.99.26.94:5000 <video caps> ! rtph264depay !
ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink

at server side:
gst-launch filesrc location=test.h264 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink
host=10.99.26.94 port=5000

But i want to use appsink instead of xvimagesink, (i.e store data into
buffer) then give it to decoder and display. Whether this is possible? i.e
can i link depayloader to appsink

Regards
Jyoti