Play multiple files via a single command-line invocation?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 10:38:40 PDT 2013

I've run into an issue in my video player where a set of files plays fine
in one order, but not in another. I suspect its an issue in flvdemux but to
be sure I wanted to see if I could duplicate the issue from the command
line like this:

gst-launch-1.0 multifilesrc="file%02d" ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

with symlinks from file00, file01, file02 to the various files I want to
try to play.

I haven't been able to get this to work at all from the command line, nor
have I found any alternative way to queue up a set of files to all play in
sequence. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.