Audio streaming via UDP

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Jul 10 06:58:46 PDT 2013

For what it's worth, I do a lot of audio streaming and have learned that
specifying the stream caps between elements where the caps change, say
between an encoder and a payloader and the payloader and the sink, makes a
big difference.  I don't really know why but taking away any opportunity for
a wrong guess about a property seems to really beneficial.

Also, make the "sync" capability of your sink be false.  I have yet to see
an application where true was needed, thought it does seem to not fail much
of the time.

In your case, the operation to link the audio pads can be a
link-with-filter-cats operation.

Wes