Building gst-plugins-gl on Mac OS X

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 05:51:00 PDT 2013

2013/7/17 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>

> 2013/7/17 4ernov <4ernov at gmail.com>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to build gst-plugins-gl from current git master on Mac OS X
>> (10.7.5), but configure can't find any OpenGL distribution:
>>
>> checking X11/Xlib.h usability... yes
>> checking X11/Xlib.h presence... yes
>> checking for X11/Xlib.h... yes
>> checking for glTexImage2D in -lGL... no
>> checking for gluSphere in -lGLU... no
>> checking for eglGetError in -lEGL... no
>> checking for glTexImage2D in -lGLESv2... no
>> checking for WAYLAND_EGL... no
>> checking for GNUstep... no
>> host is i386-apple-darwin11.4.2
>> configure: error: Either OpenGL or OpenGL|ES is required
>>
>> I think, I should point it out to Apple's OpenGL headers and libraries
>> as osxvideosink builds successfully. Did someone try to build it on OS
>> X?
>>

> I haven't tried to build it, but that's the trick we use in cerbero for
> the OpenGL stuff:
>

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero/tree/config/darwin.config#n81

Note that this link is required because GL headers are included with
GL/foo.h and since in newer versions of OS X OpenGL is a framework and not
part of the sysroot you can't add
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers to the headers search
path or use -framework OpenGL as you would need to use the includes with
 OpenGL/foo.h. But it's something that should be fixed, because -framework
OpenGL should work in OS X out of the box.

Cheers,
Andoni

Cheers,