Appsink and application memory

Thomas Scheuermann scheuermann at barco.com
Thu Jul 18 07:49:59 PDT 2013

Hello ,
I use here gstreamer-sdk with gstreamer-0.10 on a 32-bit debian wheezy.

Is there a way that a pipeline with appsink uses memory from the
application for the gstreamer buffers?
I would like to create a pipeline which decodes streaming video. I need
the video frames in the application in special memory and I don't want
to copy them because we want to process a lot of them.
Now I've seen the appsink element which could help me getting the video
frames out of the pipeline. But I didn't find a way that appsink uses
the memory of the application.
Is there a way to do this?

Regards,

Thomas