Serious problems with rtsp-server

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 06:03:16 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 08:15 -0400, Dexter Metzger wrote:

Hi,

> Assuming my problem was with CentOS5, I moved over to Fedora 18. I
> didn't have to compile anything manually, since newer versions of
> everything already existed in the repositories. I built the 0.10.8
> rtsp-server examples and ran the test-launch application with the
> suggested pipeline. However, I once again get the same VLC errors.
> Here's the output from test-launch:
>
> GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT
> (object)' failed
>
> CRITICAL **: gst_rtsp_media_factory_get_auth: assertion
> 'GST_IS_RTSP_MEDIA_FACTORY (factory)' failed

I haven't tried it, but is it possible that you're missing one of the
elements and it just doesn't tell you because the error handling is
suboptimal, as it often is in example applications?

Does

 gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! x264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 !
fakesink

work?

(in a real-world setup you might want x264enc tune=zerolatency).

Cheers
 -Tim