Internal Data Flow Error on udpsrc

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 01:40:55 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 10:17 +0100, George Demetriades wrote:

Hi,

> I'm currently trying to write an application using the SDK to pull in
> a multicast stream, demux the video and audio and then decode each
> separately before sending the raw info to two separate appsink. My
> problem is that the program will run for a few minutes before
> gstreamer itself will crash with the following message:
>
> Error received from element udpSrc: Internal data flow error.
> Debugging information: gstbasesrc.c(2633): gst_base_src_loop
> (): /GstPipeline:udp gstpipeline/GstUDPSrc:udpSrc:
> streaming task paused, reason error (-5)

Make a GST_DEBUG=*:5 log and see if you can spot where the error comes
from (with 'grep -B20 error dbg.log' or so). Something should have
posted a proper error message on the bus, but didn't apparently.

> Along with this crash, I've also noticed that the program as a whole
> will slowly take up more and more memory (to the point of sometimes
> being "Killed" by the linux kernal itself) - could anyone recommend a
> way to stop gstreamer taking up so much memory? Is there any way to
> see where that memory is being allocated?

Something must be leaking or building up large caches. If it runs out of
memory quite fast, that might be an indication that you're leaking raw
video buffers, for example.

Cheers
 -Tim