Writing raw, container-less video with CameraBin

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.com
Tue Jul 23 11:35:17 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 12:22 -0400, Josh Doe wrote:
> I'd like to allow video to not only be encoded through CameraBin, but
> also written as raw, uncompressed, container-less data. As CameraBin
> uses GstEncodingProfile, I tried creating a profile that had ANY caps,
> but that failed. Looking through the source, it seems this isn't
> currently possible. Anything I'm missing, or should I modify
> gstencodebin.c:_get_muxer to return an identity element when the
> format caps are ANY?

I think you would also need to modify how camerabin gets the pads from
the muxer, as the identify should have a pad named sink, while muxers
usually have dynamic request pads named video/audio_%u.

Have you considered only using the camera-source instead of the whole
camerabin? wrappercamerabinsrc or any other specific you need?

--
Thiago